frequently asked questions
frequently asked questions
No, you can ask for a valuation and then get in touch at a time that suits you.
Yes. This is quite normal and not a problem. Simply provide an in-date letter from your finance company stating the current settlement figure and the reference number of your agreement. We’ll pay the finance company within 4 working days of the sale date, deduct the settlement amount from the agreed price and pay you the remainder.
The payment will be made directly into your bank account during the appointment to inspect and collect your bike. You’ll have the money in full before we take your motorbike away.
Yes you can. You’ll need the following documents:
- Original Photo ID for the registered keeper (a passport or driving licence)
- Proof of address (utility bill or bank statement) for the registered keeper. This must be dated within the last nine months and must match the address on the V5
- Letter or email of authority from the registered keeper, stating that they wish to sell the motorbike and naming you as the person who is bringing the bike for sale and is authorised to conclude the sale
- Proof of and details of the registered keeper’s UK bank account (e.g a bank statement and paying-in book) because the payment can only be paid into the registered keeper’s account
- Photo ID for the person selling the motorbike
No, we only ever buy motorbikes with the correct V5 registration document (log book), but don’t despair if you’ve mislaid yours. Go to the DVLA website and you should be able to get a replacement, although it can take up to week to arrive.
We will will complete the paperwork with you, then transfer the money straight into your bank account. You’ll see that the payment has been made before we load the bike into our van and take it away.
Yes, 100% of it – unless our inspection reveals new information that affects the value of the bike. The price we quote after the inspection is the amount we’ll pay if you accept our offer. We are always keen to offer a fair market price, because we want you to be happy with our service. We don’t only want your motorbike now, we also want your motorbike’s in the future.
The fastest, easiest and most secure way to pay you is through an electronic transfer from our account to yours. There is no charge for this service and in most cases we make the transfer whilst the collection driver is at your collection address. You will receive an email from Barclays confirming that payment has left our account and has been sent to your bank. If you would prefer to receive a cheque from us you will have the opportunity to tell us when we contact you. Please note that if you do choose to receive a cheque, you must ensure that you have a debit or credit card available on collection just in case you have missed some damage when entering your bike details.